Monday, February 19, 2007

grapes & chocolate

Yesterday we went wine tasting in Temecula all afternoon. It was a gorgeous day and we all had so much fun. We started off at Wilson Creek winery because we heard they had some tasty almond champagne, and oh did they, it was delicious! They also make an awesome shot called the almond joy. It's 1/2 port, 1/2 almond champ. in a edible chocolate shot glass, and let me tell you I would drive all the way their again just for that. The pic. is of my friend Shana whose birthday it was on Valentines day and why we went wine tasting in the first place.
This is the card that I made for Shana. She has blond hair so I tried to keep that quality the same, but since she turned 30 I wanted to keep a childish playfulness that sometimes gets lost when we get older. My birthday is still my favorite day even though I wish it didn't come so fast every year. Birthdays just remind me when I was younger and all the excitement about planning the party and sending invites to all your friends, then everyone sitting around opening presents and eating cake. I loved that! Maybe someday I'll have another party like that. Soon enough it will be my turn to party, then it will be all gone for another year.

1 comment:

Sande said...

I wrote a good comment and there was computer glitches...I hate glitches...what do ya do? post again. good pick you look like this was your last winery? just kidding it sounded fun and it made me so think of you scott and I going...it was really fun so glad shana had a great(well hopefully and if you had anything to say about it she did)30th...we may need to work on having her come for yours...we will differently go do the wine tasting tour here...lots in newberg area...love the card you made her also...