Tuesday, June 26, 2007

The great outdoors


We have defiantly been the Oregonian outdoorsy types around here as of late. We go hiking on our days off, hiking when we have to work that night, BBQing, and even relaxing on a patio overlooking the Willamette river enjoying happy hour. Life is pretty good this summer so far. We have been all over town trying to find new and fun ways to be outside. Mt. Tabor last week was interesting to say the least. We were about to start our hike when we heard "excuse me, watch out" and when we turned around we saw about a hundred bikers all dressed up in costumes whirling by. That was fun to watch. Yesterday we discovered Powell Butte and hiked all over that place. You could get lost there it's so big, and it has an amazing view.

This was our view from a bar in Vancouver Wa. on the Columbia river where Scott, my sister, and I were having a few drinks. Sailing looks like so much fun doesn't it?
My moms birthday is this Thursday so I've been busy making her present. I really want to post it right now but then she would probably see it so I had better wait. After I give it to her it will be immediately posted.
We're still trying to find the perfect place to get married at, I didn't think it would be this hard. All the places I like don't have everything we need, I wish I could just squish them together and be done with it.
Well today is my stepmothers birthday so I better call her, hope it's not dinner time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes I would...wish I could go on your walks...need to do some of my own...can't wait until thurs. now.....; }

Felicia said...

Looks like a wonderful place :)

Felicia
http://fluffyflowers.typepad.com/