Saturday, June 9, 2007

Waaa Laa........

I'm proud to present my very first attempt at embroidery. I'm really liking it. It's very rewarding to have something I can actually use, and even better I did it myself. We needed pillowcases for the spare room/ office so I purchased some plain white cases at the Goodwill for a few bucks. I then browsed Barnes and Nobles and found this really cool book by Jenny hart.
It teaches you everything from the very beginning and has 88 pages of transfers for you to embellish anything you want. The designs are not your ordinary grandma ones ( not that there's anything wrong with those because I love them too.) but these are a new modern twist on an old craft.
This is my finished project, right at home on the bed. I still have the other pillowcase to do but that will have to wait for another day. I'm moving on to some tea towels for now.

This is another adorable project in the book. So lovely on a little girls dress. After I get a little more comfortable I'm going to attempt to draw my own patterns and see how those turn out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

beautiful SIMPLY beautiful...like u
; }