Monday, June 4, 2007

What a weekend.........


Look at my new car, it's the black one. I had been shopping around all day and just stumbled upon it. I just couldn't resist. Ok so it's not really mine, but i wish. I could just imagine myself speeding down a long quite stretch of road this summer with this hot little GTO, just like in the movies. No really, this was on Saturday when My mom, Scott, and I were on our way to the Saturday Market. It's the start of the Portland rose Festival so there's all kinds of stuff going on down on the waterfront. These cars along with so many more were on display for the festivities.
Yum yum...............I do love strawberries. These are out at the Kruger's Farm on Sauvie Island located just 15 minutes outside Portland. I don't think I have ever been out there before. We went there to buy some peonies and some local produce. I didn't buy any flower's, but i did buy lots of other things including local honey, and an interesting salad dressing that I can't wait to try.I think I really might enjoy living on a farm. As we were driving down the gravel driveway we see strawberry fields to the right and flower fields to the left, with a big red barn looking building full of everything you could imagine would be inside. The farm is surrounded by open land with the most gorgeous sky that you can see for miles. Yes, I really do think it would be lovely to live there. I would have a nice little farm house with flowers growing in my front yard and fresh herbs and vegetables growing right out in the back so I could just step out my back door and take what I needed to make dinner. Maybe I would have a goat, that would be fun.
This is an artichoke plant. There growing on the side of the building in the parking lot. My car is about 2 feet away. They had some inside and they were the biggest I have ever seen.

Pretty for a wedding, hum.

Wow we did so much on Saturday. We walked around the pearl district, had a light dinner and a cocktail. Then off to Vancouver Wa. to visit my sister and play some badminton. I was exhausted.
Yesterday was a perfect Sunday. Started out with a good Mexican lunch with a pineapple margarita. Then on down the street we strolled through Stars antique mall there were so many things I wanted to buy, but I restrained myself. It's so big it has 3 different buildings within a couple blocks.
What lazy Sunday would be complete without going to the movies. The McMenamins Kennedy School is the perfect place to see one. For $3 we got to sit on the softest most comfortable couch watch Wild hogs (which happens to be the most funniest movie) and drink a couple pitchers of good beer. All in all it was a perfect weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to go...oh wait I did...; }