Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Can't wait for fireworks!!!

Happy 4th of July everyone! Scott and I just got back from a BBQ at my mom's house, and it is super HOT out!!! Now we're on our way to work. It probably won't be busy at all since everyone will be out to see all the fireworks (Lucky).
I just wanted to put up a short post and wish everyone a great holiday and show this cute little monster I made for my little sisters birthday (which was a while back, to say the least I'm never on time). I was totally inspired by all the books and blogs where people recycle their old sweaters into something cute and useful. I only had to sew the top and bottom, totally easy.

I couple weeks ago I was at work, and we were so slow that I started folding the advertisings in the Sunday paper. I eventually rolled them all up on each other, and it started to take shape of a bowl. Then I thought if I could make it big enough it could actually turn into something. Maybe I could put a protective coating on it and use it. Maybe......................we'll have to see when and If it actually ever gets finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is truly ADORABLE!!!I want it but alas it is sweet little pattens...; }
how cute the sleeve of that sweater is...perfect.
had another best day with my family yesterday enjoyed all of it and the weather...scott was a love digging a mote I mean down deep to get the bush out : O...and putting my pics on the puter so I can download...got my screen door put in this am except the handle...only had the 1/2" bit...need the 3/4" too...so nice! so until next time love. MoM

floresita said...

Your little creature is so sweet!!!