Tuesday, March 27, 2007

for a friend


I made these peridot earrings for a friend who wants to surprise his fiance with a pretty gift. He heard that I made jewelry from another friend, after I made a necklace and earrings for him to give his girlfriend for Valentine's day. So the word is slowly getting out there, it's exciting.
I'm really happy with the way they turned out, he said he wanted chunky and dangly and this is what I came up with. Peridot is a lot more expensive than I had thought so I bought these cute little beads and tried to translate them to chunky by clustering them all together. I think these might be my favorite that I have made so far and I really hope he likes them or they might end up in the shop which is fine to. They could easily go from casual to formal and adapt to any outfit. Their vibrant green color is absolutely gorgeous for spring.

1 comment:

Sande said...

no no i want them...they are just up my alley! I have some like this and have done some also...but not as cute as your sweety...I see you also use the same ear hoop thinghys I do...I love the ones with the little balls they are way more classier...it is going to be so much fun having you here to do our stuff together...I have no room now so we might have to use your spare room...remember when I made all that jewelry and we took it to a couple of craft shows when we lived by bilquist? gramma gave me back the one I gave her? : /...anyways she will LOVE it I know it...