Monday, March 26, 2007

Spring has sprung!

My favorite time of year is SPRING, it's so beautiful with all the flowers popping up everywhere. This year I'm defiantly going to make it to the Carlsbad flower fields. Every year I drive by and am amazed at how gorgeous it is, rows and rows of ranunculus all separated into colors. I just can't believe I have lived here for almost five years and haven't been there yet. This month I'm trying to cram everything I haven't done in the years I've been here into a a short time frame. I don't want to get to Oregon and have any regrets because I never went to Sea World when I had the chance. That doesn't mean I'm not super excited to get outta here. Every Wednesday-Sunday I drive north on I-5 and just when I'm about to turn off on my exit I always think "What if I just kept driving north?" Oh I can't wait for that day that I can just keep driving.Chefography is back on the Food Network. Last time they showcased Ina, Giada, Emeril, and Paula. I love Barefoot Contessa and Everyday Italian, they are probably the shows I watch the most besides anything Alton Brown my fav. because he's so funny, but I have to tell you I was watching Sandra Lees last night and WOW she is awesome. I have to admit Semi-Homemade is not a show I watch that often, and only really when there's nothing on, I have never tried to cook with one of her recipes because it's not really the cooking I like to do . After watching her "chefography" I really wanted to watch Semi-Homemade I feel like I have a better understanding of where she's coming from and it makes sense. A lot of bad things happened to her when so was young and she's just so amazing now. I am now a fan and will be watching her shows for all the wonderful "tablescapes" she always does at the end of the show. I love these shows, it makes the people seem more real somehow, not just the perfect cooks you see on TV. It allows you to see their process and how they think.
I watched Nigella Lawson's next and I have always loved her show and was really excited last year when she got a show on the food Network. She grew up in one of the most important and powerful families in London. It was a funny coincidence going from Sandra to Nigella, they had such different backgrounds and upbringings. Nigella was a journalist who loved to cook and was stricken with the deaths of her mother, sister, and husband from cancer. It was such a tragic story and nothing of what I would have imagined her life to be before the Food Network.
Today hopefully I'll get around to watching Tyler Florence and Mario Batali, I don't really know anything about them and don't often watch their shows but I'm very interested to find out.

1 comment:

Sande said...

you are more of a food network junky then I thought ; O...I love jame oliver naked chef the best...but love nigelle and it was so extremely sad about the family...
I wanted to see the flowers also and you need to go to them as it is just 1 month and you are HOME!!!!!!!!!;}...and I sooo want you to get on that road and keep on driving north baby...north to oregon...not alaska...that is states 3 I believe to far...but summer is my favorite time and you need to get that surf board ready as we will be surfing dudette!!!
love you