Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Falls.....................Ahhhhh!

Scott has never been to Multnomah Falls so I packed a picnic and took him through the Gorge on the Historic Hwy today. Wow, we couldn't have asked for a better day. This picture isn't actually Multnomah but one of the falls after. We stopped and had lunch and this was taken just steps from our picnic table, how cool? On our way up to the falls we stopped at every scenic stop and hiking trail. One of the first we stopped at, we hiked back to the falls and felt like we were trekking through forest and that we were the first to discover it. I wish I had some pictures but the sun was at the worst spot and they were all blown out. On our way back into town we passed another trail that looked really cool, we're defiantly going back soon. We did all of this and didn't spend a dime, didn't think that was possible.
We also drove through Lake Oswego so I could show Scott where I use to live. They built a really cool new park with lots of paths and a little wading stream for people to soak in right in the middle of the apartments. It's right on the river so the view is amazing. We wanted to move there, but it's so expensive now since they added so many new restaurants and shopping areas right across the street.
We're having so much fun exploring everything, We can't decide what we want to do next. We discovered Roslyn Lake right next to us and also the Willamette Valley has wineries that stretch through a hundred miles, so I think we'll be taking a dip and tasting some wine very soon. I've been keeping my camera on me at all times so soon there WILL be pictures.

No comments: